Total Pageviews

Pages

Featured Post

Thalassery Mutton Dum Biryani!

Hello, my lovelies!!!! I am baaaaaack!!!! Ok, I do need to apologize for the extremely long hiatus...and no, I am not going to make any exc...

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Bride's pudding!

Today is Maundy Thursday, the day of "The Last Supper". So for those of my catholic friends wondering what the hell I'm doing cooking a dessert on this sad day, I only have one excuse...it's for all you dear people! :P. Jokes apart, today inded is a really sad day for the Catholic World but the good news is that, Easter is around the corner, and our risen Lord is coming to save us all!! So, that's enough of religion in this blog...time for the dessert.

I happened to glance upon this dessert for the first time in the Manorma News Channel, and instantly fell in love with it. Dont ask me why though, coz it's a very simple recipe, nothing fancy really. The final product does look like what my 1 year old nephew would do, given some crayons and a piece of paper, but hey, i never said that I had artistic skills. Am sure you'll love this though. So, without any further ado, I present to you, the Bride's pudding....

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 tin condensed milk (Nestle's milkmaid)
  • 1 litre full cream milk
  • 6-7 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 packet gelatin
  • 1 1/2 cups cold water (preferably ice water)
For the chocolate sauce
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 5 tablespoons icing sugar
  • 1/4 cup water from the kettle
  • 1 teaspoon butter
METHOD
  • Soak a packet of gelatin (approx 2 tablespoons) in cold water and set aside. This should take hardly a minute to set.
  • In a saucepan, heat condensed milk, milk and sugar. Set this on low flame and stir continusously. The intention is not to boil but to thicken.
  • In a seperate pan, melt the gelatin on low flame.
  • Once the milk mixture and the gelatin mixture reach almost the same temp, pour the gelatin into the milk mixture. Continue stirring. Note that the gelatin should have completely melted before doing this.
  • Continue stirring the milk mixture till it becomes semi thick. This entire process should take 20-25 minutes.
  • Transfer the hot milk mixture to the pudding dish and allow it to cool. Once it reaches room temperature, place it in the freezer for approx 25 minutes or till it sets.
  • Once it sets, prepare the sauce. for this, mix all the ingredients mentioned under "For the chcolate sauce" in a pan and stir on a low flame till completely melted.
  • You can pour this over the pudding in a design or just coat over the pudding as a seperate layer.
  • You can also add caramelized nuts on top as an option. I did not.
Tada, the pudding is ready.

Here's the pic, but promise me you wont laugh....

The pudding


All right u guys! Do try this out and let me know what you think. Trust me, you'll love it. In case, we dont see each other this week, here's wishing you all a very happy Easter in advance. May the risen lord spread His light on the whole world! God bless!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Neetu,

    Thanks a lot for going through my blog ... not that there is much..need to buck up and start putting more effort into it!!
    Your blog is lovely :) ... dying to try out this pudding now, and don't worry I'm sure no-one's laughing coz that pic looks amazing too!!!
    SO where in Kerala are you from?
    My native is Thrissur.
    Keep in touch, please continue sharing such great recipes!!!!

    Manju

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thank u so much for the lovely words Manju. Your blog is really good trust me! I especially loved the bread pudding pic..really tempting! I am from Kollam but A, my better half is from Cochin. Do follow my blog and chk out the recipes I post! Tk care n God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a Jackson Pollock painting ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon, I shall take that as a compliment! Thank you so much! Do try it out and let me know how it turns out for you!

      Delete

Hi there! Thank u for taking the time to drop by and leave a note. It's people like you who make me want to improve my cooking skills more and increase my passion for cooking! Please ensure that you dont leave behind comments that are hurtful or inappropriate. Remember, constructive criticism is always appreciated, not destructive! Have a nice day and God bless!

My dear fans!!

Tweet me!

Reader's favorites!