Total Pageviews

Pages

Featured Post

Thalassery Mutton Dum Biryani!

Hello, my lovelies!!!! I am baaaaaack!!!! Ok, I do need to apologize for the extremely long hiatus...and no, I am not going to make any exc...

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mango Icecream!

Hey everybody! How is everyone doing today? Hope you guys are having a great day wherever you are. For those of you'll in the U.A.E. and the Gulf regions, here's wishing all of you a great weekend. And what better way to start of a weekend than with something sweet... :)

Frankly, I was never a big dessert fan...as in, cakes, cookies, chocolates, stuff like that...but I am a biiiiig ice cream fan! It's just the opposite at A's place. His family love all kinds of sweets, but they're not very much into ice creams, except for my sister in law. Shes the only one who gives me company there. So Amy, this one's for you!

I got this recipe from showmethecurry.com. You would have probably heard of it. Run by 2 fantastic women, Hetal and Anuja, they do a cookery show just for YouTube, and they come up with these amazing recipes. In case you missed theirs, here's the recipe.....

INGREDIENTS
  • Mango Pulp- 1 cup
  • Condensed Milk- 1 medium sized tin
  • Whipped Cream- 1 small packet, liquid
METHOD
  • In a big bowl, pour in the mango pulp.
  • To this, add the condensed milk and stir, until half blended.
  • Finally add the whipped cream.
  • Using a hand mixer (manual one, not the electric operated one), blend in all 3 ingredients till you see only a golden yellow colour.
  • Either freeze in the same bowl, or transfer to a container and freeze for a couple of hours. I had to freeze mine for 5 hours, but some refrigerators may take less time.
And voila, delicious mango ice cream is ready. You could garnish with fresh mango pieces if you like, but since I didn't have any, I avoided this step.

NOTES
  • You can buy ready made mango pulp from the store. This is what I used. The brand I used was "Kesar". If you want fresh though, chop up 2 mangoes finely and blend them with a cup of water. If using fresh mangoes, do not forget to add sufficient sugar depending on how sweet your mangoes are. The advantage of using mango pulp is that you can avoid the sugar, since sugar is already added to it.
  • You have 2 types of whipped cream, the powder version and the liquid version. I used the liquid version, which is much easier to handle as opposed to the powder type.
  • Lastly, NEVER use an electric mixer since the electric mixer makes the whipped cream go flat and the texture is completely lost.
So there we are. And yes, the final product itself...


And another one...
I understand the ice cream looks like mango juice, but that's before I froze it. It tasted so good, I had to eat it that way!

So, there we are. try this out and let me know your thoughts. BTW, am sending this across to http://sravscc.blogspot.com/2012/06/announcing-cooking-concepts-11-splash.html, Srav's Culinary Concepts for the event mentioned below. Wish me luck!




4 comments:

  1. Mouthwatering Ice cream, I like that "Anar" too:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mango ice cream dear...thanks for following my blog...I am following you too...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u guys..I know this thanks comes way too late, but I promise, I have not been ignoring anyone! Do keep checking out the recipes, am sure you'll find more suited to your tastes!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank u for taking the time to drop by and leave a note. It's people like you who make me want to improve my cooking skills more and increase my passion for cooking! Please ensure that you dont leave behind comments that are hurtful or inappropriate. Remember, constructive criticism is always appreciated, not destructive! Have a nice day and God bless!

My dear fans!!

Tweet me!

Reader's favorites!