Total Pageviews

Pages

Featured Post

Thalassery Mutton Dum Biryani!

Hello, my lovelies!!!! I am baaaaaack!!!! Ok, I do need to apologize for the extremely long hiatus...and no, I am not going to make any exc...

Monday, May 14, 2012

Potato - Carrot Stir fry [Potato Carrot Mezhukkaparatti]!

It's time for my "once in a blue moon" vegetarian recipe..he he! I have always been very poor with veggies, as I have mentioned in the past. A's just the opposite..always needs atleast one veggie side dish. This is yet another dish I adapted from sarah's blog, vazhayilla.com. So, I'm dedicating this dish to both Sarah and A. This is a really simple, no nonsense dish where you cannot go wrong. I have made a few minor changes, but the recipe is still the same. Here we go...

INGREDIENTS
  • 4 potatoes, chopped into cubes
  • 1 large carrot or 2 small carrots, grated finely
  • 1 medium sized onion or 2 small onions, finely sliced
  • Garlic- 3 small cloves, chopped
  • 2 green chillies, chopped finely
  • 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon chilly powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (All spice powder)
  • 3 tablespoons water
  • 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
  • Salt to taste
  • Curry leaves, garnish
  • 2 tablespoons oil
METHOD
  • Heat the oil and splutter mustard seeds.
  • Add the garlic, green chillies and curry leaves and fry for a minute.
  • Add the onions and sautee till tehy turn semi transparent and the raw smell goes. Add a little salt at this stage.
  • Now add the turmeric, chilly and garam masala powders. Fry for a few seonds.
  • Add some water at this stage.
  • Now add the grated carrot and toss for a few swconds.
  • Add the potatoes and more salt.
  • Cover for about 10 minutes on a low flame.
  • Check for salt levels.
  • Garnish with curry leaves and a teaspoon of oil.
Tada, potato carrot stir fry is ready! Here are the pics.

So, what do you think? Try it out and let me know, okay?? Take care and God bless!


2 comments:

  1. Hi neetu this potato and carrot curry is super and i'm sure my son like this.....
    If u like plz follow me in Google....Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daksha..thank u for all ure lovely comments..I am your follower now!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank u for taking the time to drop by and leave a note. It's people like you who make me want to improve my cooking skills more and increase my passion for cooking! Please ensure that you dont leave behind comments that are hurtful or inappropriate. Remember, constructive criticism is always appreciated, not destructive! Have a nice day and God bless!

My dear fans!!

Tweet me!

Reader's favorites!